Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Restless

I wrote this poem about me, life and a close friend. My brother and i have recently been working on putting it into music. We have the first paragraph done and still need to work on the rest. He plays the guitar and sings to it and I just sing to it because i have no dexterity aka ogre hands! So it may not be perfect but it came from the heart but i think that is what is best when writing.

restless at night you wander my mind
I wonder what your doing and where you've been
I made a choice long ago that changed my life
For many years i wandered alone
With out you my dear friend.

Never paid much attention to anyone but myself
I had to become a man before i ventured to anything else
So i searched through my soul dug to depths of things i didnt want to let go.
I found the man i am supposed to be. Following the foot steps that my grandfather laid before me.

Enduring pain is what i've done. Growing to new strengths of understanding, why things are not the way that it once was.

I watch you struggle, wish i could do more.
I'll be here for you, you wont lose that again.
I was once so vain but i'll make it right this time.
I'll be a better friend than i ever was before.

1 comment:

The Dixon Family! said...

Great job! You are very talented in writing :) Keep doing it!